Monday, May 11, 2009

The Will of Mark Manlove, September 1666

Somerset County, Maryland

In the name of God, Amen. I Mark Manlove of Pocomoke in the County of Somerset in the Province of Maryland, Planter, being weak in body but of good memory, blessed be God, do make this my last will & testament. My soul I commit to God who gave it and my body to be buried according as my executors think fit. As for my outward estate, my debts being first paid, I give and bequeath at followeth: first, to my loving wife Elizabeth and to the children I have lawfully begotten of her and to their heirs forever, five hundred acres of land lying upon the north side of Pocomoke River, beginning at a little branch on the south side of my new dwelling house, being at my first bounder and so running northerly up the river. All the rest of my land I give and bequeath to my sons Mark, William, and Christopher and to their heirs forever to be equally divided as they come of age, each child to have his portion. To Hannah Gilley, Richard Hackworth, and to his next son born, being three of my grandchildren, each of them a cow calf. I bequeath unto my sons John and Thomas one hundred pounds of tobacco, a piece.. The rest of my estate, after my debts are paid, besides the legacies already given and bequeathed, I give one third to my wife and two thirds to be equally divided unto my sons Mark, William, Christopher, George, and Luke and to my daughters Hannah, Abia, and Persey Manlove, and I do appoint my wife Eliz and my son in law Richard Hackworth to be the executors of my last will and testament, and William Stevens Horsey and Wm. Jarnes Meedon overseers of the sane, and this I publish and declare to be my last will and testament the 14tth day of September anno Domini 1666.


Mark Manlove made his mark. MM


Witnesses: William Green --- Will.


*********************************************


Mark Manlove's two Families

Mark Manlove___husband____b.1620 England____d.1666 MD
Hannah Williams___wife____b.1617or1625 Eng___d.1658 VA

John Manlove___son___b.1639 England____d.1694 MD
Mary Manlove__daughter_b.1641 England____d.1666 MD
Christopher Manlove_son__b.1642 England____d.1680 MD
Ann Manlove__daughter__b. 1645 England___n.d.
Thomas Manlove__son__b.1648 England___d.1709 DE
Hannah Manlove__daughter__b.1649 Eng or CT__d.1675 MD
Abijah Abia Manlove_daughter_ b.1653 MA or VA___n.d.
William Manlove__son__b.1655 VA or MD___d.1694 DE

Elizabeth Roberts__wife__ b.1632 England_______n.d.
George Manlove__son___b.1660 MD___________n.d.
Persey Manlove__daughter__b.1663 MD_____n.d.
Luke Manlove__son ___b.1666 MD__________ n.d.

Am=America, MA=Massachusetts, VA=Virginia,
MD=Maryland, DE=Delaware, CT=Connecticut
GO TO: Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment