Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Painting the House for A Fishing Trip, 1954 - Part 3, A Movie

We went swimming several times and tried our hand at movie making. The only artifact remaining of that trip is a fifteen second scene shot with Dad’s 8mm movie camera.

Don was the cameraman, director, and producer. Lamar and I were the actors. Lamar got the Star’s roll of Hero, and I was relegated to a supporting role as the Villian.

The segment started with Lamar standing on the bow with his hand on his left knee peering out to sea. The next sequences depicts me, in a T-shirt, slowly sneaking up on him and shoving him overboard. Then I am kneeling over the bow looking for him as he climbs out of the water onto the stern, edges up to me, and kicks me in the rear and catapults me overboard.

READY ON THE SET. LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION

OSCAR NOMINATION - BEST MOVIE, 1954

MAN OVERBOARD

GO TO: Lamar "Mike" Hammer, Our Boyhood Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment